23 July 2020
First week back…
Next year in Jerusalem, we said. In the end, it did not take us that long to reopen as a bar and kitchen.
Many thanks to everyone who has come down to 1000 Trades in the past week.
We will continue to evolve:
- Assessing whether demand will sustain us trading from both our ground and first floors – and reviewing our days and hours of opening
- Wishing the team behind The Vanguard well in their new incarnation as the Pineapple Club and launching a new offering from our second floor
- As we welcome Arts Council England reopening project applications, working with Birmingham Jazz and other partners towards the best possible future for live music at 16 Frederick Street. #saveourvenues
- After the first harvest from our veg garden, continuing to act upon our commitments to a zero carbon future – which, as well as being fun and helpful to tackling Covid, would be helped by the Jewellery Quarter enjoying the kind of al fresco experiences that Soho and the Northern Quarter have recently enjoyed
- Continuing to provide our ‘1000 Takeouts’ service. Please order from our takeaway menu on 0121 233 2693, pay on arrival and observe social distancing guidelines when collecting. Also available on UberEats. Beer and wine also available to takeaway – see what we have here.
We know it remains a challenging time for many people and businesses. We are determined to play our part. By adapting, remaining Covid-secure, and continuing to provide our distinctive atmosphere, experience, and ethos.
This will necessarily be a learning process. All feedback is gratefully received.
Jerusalem was not built in a day. Or perhaps that was Rome. It does not matter. It is the new, improved 1000 Trades, within a new, improved Birmingham, that we are after. #BuildBackBetter